Friday, March 16, 2012

Electra & AML: Farewell My Sweetness

(See all posts related to Electra's ongoing treatment)

I'm afraid that I have to announce this, but Electra Elizabeth Risacher passed on this morning. At approximately 5:04AM GMT, after a short time in coma, she drew her last breath. She was surrounded by her mother, father and myself and died with us holding her hands and stroking her hair. She finished her life as she wanted to: in her own bed, at home, surrounded by love and family, largely pain-free and calm. Her last truly coherent thoughts were to express her love for her family. She will be missed beyond all measure and the world is truly a darker place today for her absence, but we are glad that her passing was without excess trauma or pain and that she didn't linger long in her coma. Funeral details will follow; for now, we thank you all for your love and compassion in these difficult times.

I'm not going to go into a great amount of detail on this at the moment. My mind isn't in the right place, and I need to gather my thoughts before I can write anything of substance. But more will follow soon. I just wanted to make this announcement.

Electra Elizabeth Risacher
October 20, 1979 - March 16, 2012

Farewell my wonderful, beautiful sweetness. You are loved and you are missed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan, I am so, so sorry for this devastating loss. You are an amazing man, and you never cease to amaze me with what you can overcome.

I send lots of love your way, and wish I could be there in the flesh to be there for you.

Much love always,

xo
Su

Colleen said...

Dear Dan, I am so sorry to read that Electra has left this mortal plane. My thoughts and prayers are being sent your way - for Electra as she begins her next journey and for you as you struggle to find your way as you continue your earthly journey.
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Dear Dan,
We knew Electra when she lived in Dobcross and only heard she was ill about 3 weeks ago having fallen out of touch as you do when life gets busy and carries people away. What a loss to you and the world. Electra was a delight- a dog-lover, wine-drinking great cook and so much fun with passion for life. We are sorry never to have met you but she told us you made her very happy. Love to you
Ellie and Liz

Anonymous said...

elliebyram@hotmail.co.uk